General terms and conditions
- 0.1 Language version
If in doubt or contradiction, the German version applies.
- 1 Area of application
The following General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to clients who order products and services from DESCUBRIS Ltd.
- 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The products and services on this website are a non-binding offer for purchase.
(2) Filling out the order form and clicking the order button on your part is a binding offer to buy the products and/or services. You can also make a binding offer by phone.
(3) We will send you an order confirmation e-mail. The order confirmation e-mail shows our acceptance of your order, ie. DESCUBRIS Ltd. and you have entered into a binding contract, provided the products and/or services are on stock. If you placed your order by phone, we have a binding contract, if we accept your order on the phone.If we don’t accept your order immediately, then there is no agreement.
- 3 Client data archiving
We save the contract with the products and/or services ordered. You don’t have access to the contract via the internet.
- 4 Client data
You can correct you client information anytime before clicking the order button. You will be notified accordingly in the shop buying process.
- 5 Public seminars
Participants, who have registered for a public seminar, accept the following:
- The participation fee is due immediately after receipt of the invoice. In any case, the payment needs to be made before the date of the seminar/training/workshop.
- We give seats away on a first pay basis. Your seat is therefore only guaranteed after your payment is received – before that your seat can be given to someone else at any time.
- We accept payment by bank transfer and credit card (PayPal). No checks.
- We know from experience that if someone cancels his/her participation, it is very difficult to find a replacement.
In addition the numbers in our seminars are very small. Therefore we ask you for your understanding for the following terms of cancellation:
- Cancellation more than 45 days before the training: You get 100% of your money back.
- Cancellation less than 45 days before the training: You get 50% of your money back
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the training: You get 0% of your money back
- Number of days according to date of post mark.
- We accept a replacement participant at no cost.
- Cancellations are only valid in writing.
- Cancellation due to medical reasons: You get 100% minus expenses back. A written attest from you doctor is necessary and needs to be sent to us within 30 days of the seminar.
- No shows will be billed 100% of the seminar fee.
- Should the trainer be unavailable and the training can therefore not take place, you get 100% of your money back. You don’t receive any additional compensation, e.g. incurred expenses.
- We retain the right to change the program and/or cancel the seminar due to a lack of participants.
- We are not liable for any accidents during the seminar.
- You are responsible for your own insurance.
- It is prohibited to copy or distribute the training materials in any way unless you receive the permission form the trainer.
- 6 Return charges
If you decide to return the correctly delivered products you need to pay for all handling and shipping charges as well as taxes if applicable.
- 7 Reservation of proprietary rights
The ordered product remains our property until paid.
- 8 Warranty
The warranty is according to the Swiss law.
- 9 Place of jurisdiction
The place of jurisdiction is the domicile of DESCUBRIS Ltd. or the next closest responsible court.
- 1 In general
Your personal data (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank account, credit card number) is to be processed by us only in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act. The following rules inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data. This privacy statement applies solely to our website(s). If you are directed via links to other sites, please check their handling of your data.
- 2 Client data
Your personal data, insofar as they are necessary for the establishment, content or modification of the contract are to be used only for contract execution. E.g. to deliver the goods, your name and address must be given to the goods supplier(s). Without your express consent or without legal basis, your data will not be disclosed to third parties outside the contractual necessities.
- 3 Data access
By visiting our website information about your access (date, time, pages viewed) can be saved. These data are not personal data, they are anonymous. They are used solely for statistical purposes. Disclosure to third parties for commercial or noncommercial purposes, does not take place.
- 4 Security vulnerabilty
The provider expressly points out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) has security gaps and cannot be completely protected against access by third parties.
- 5 Information about cookies
(2) You can avoid having cookies stored on your hard disk by ticking the “block cookies” option in your browser settings. However, this may have an impairment of our offers.
- 6 Information about tracking
- 7 Use of social plugins
Our website uses social plugins (“Plugins”) of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are marked with a Facebook logo and / or the text “Share” and “Like” or similar texts.When you visit a web page of our website which contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The contents of the plugin is directly sent to your browser from Facebook, which is incorporated in the website. By integrating the Facebook plugin on our site means that Facebook receives the information that you enter on that plugin. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can associate this as a visit to your Facebook account. When you interact with the plugins, for example, the “Like” button or make a comment, the corresponding information is sent directly from your browser and stored on Facebook.Please see the privacy policies of Facebook for the purpose and scope of data collection and further processing and the use of data by Facebook, and your rights about the protection of your privacy. If you do not want that Facebook collects data on our website about you, you must log out of Facebook before you visit our website on Facebook.
Our website uses the “+1” button of the social network, Google Plus, which is operated by the Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). The button is indicated by the symbol “+1” on a white or colored background. When you visit a web page of our website which contains such a button, your browser to directly connects with Google’s servers. The contents of the “+1” button is directly sent from Google to your browser, which is incorporated in the website. We therefore have no impact on the amount of data that Google collects via the button, however, assume that your IP address is registered with it. Please refer to Google’s data protection information for the purpose and scope of data collection and further processing and use of data by Google, and your rights to your privacy what the “+1” button is concerned.
If you are Google Plus member and don’t want Google to collect information about you visiting our website and make a connection to your member information stored at Google, you must log out from Google Plus before you visit our website. Source
The same applies to the services of Twitter, XING and LinkedIn.
- 8 Trainingletter / newsletter
When signing up for our newsletter (called Trainingletter) your e-mail address is used with your consent for our promotional purposes, until you unsubscribe from the training letter. You can unsubscribe at any time. We have explicitly received your consent to sending you the newsletter and other e-mail by a personal request, or it was issued during an ordering process or through the purchase of our products or services.
Your consent can be withdrawn at any time with future effect. If you no longer want to receive the training letter, please unsubscribe via the link in the newsletter / e-mail. You can also contact us by e-mail or our contact form. We will then remove you from our mailing list.
- 9 Information
You have a right to know about the data stored about your person and possibly a right to rectification, erasure or blocking of such data. The information can be provided electronically upon request. Please contact us to provide such information at:
Telefon: +41 41 603 39 90
E-Mail: complaint [aet/ thomas-skipwith.com (Replace « [aet/ » with an at-sign)
Revocation instruction, Right of revocation
- 1 Revocation instruction, Right of revocation
There are differences between Switzerland and the EU.
In Switzerland there is no right of revocation according to article 40 OR.
In the EU the following applies:
You may declare the revocation of your contractual statement in text form (e.g. letter, e-mail) or by returning the merchandise within a period of 2 weeks from the date of purchase. The 2 weeks start with your receipt of these revocation instructions, latest after receipt of the merchandise.
The time-limit shall be deemed to be observed by the timely dispatch of the declaration of revocation or the return shipment.
The revocation is to be addressed to:
Telefon: +41 41 603 39 90
E-Mail: complaint [aet/ thomas-skipwith.com (Replace « [aet/ » with an at-sign)
- 2 Consequences of revocation
In case of a valid revocation, all mutually received performances as well as emoluments taken (e.g. interest), if applicable, are to be restituted by either side. If you are unable or partially unable to restitute the merchandise to us or can only restitute it in a deteriorated condition, then you have to insofar compensate for its value where applicable. This does not apply if the deterioration is exclusively due to examining the merchandise – as for instance in a retail store – or putting the merchandise to its intended use. You are obliged to bear the costs of the return shipment, if the merchandise delivered corresponds to the merchandise ordered, and if the price of the merchandise to be sent back does not exceed an amount of CHF 75.- or if, where the price is higher, you have at the date of the revocation not yet rendered consideration or given a partial payment. In all other cases, the return shipment for you is free of charge. All reimbursement obligations must be fulfilled within 30 days of the declaration of revocation.
- 3 Special cases
No right of revocation applies for:
- Specially designed or altered products according to clients’ request, e.g. a book signing.
- Audio- and video materials if the seal has been removed.
- Newspapers, magazines and periodic journals.
End of declaration of revocation