1. NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING
This data protection information applies to data processing by the company in charge:
DESCUBRIS GmbH (hereafter: DESCUBRIS), Bachmattstrasse 10, 8966 Oberwil-Lieli, Schweiz
Telephone: +41 41 630 39 90
The data protection manager of DESCUBRIS is available at the above address, for the attention of Mr. Thomas Skipwith, respectively at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE NATURE AND PURPOSE OF THEIR USE
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.thomas-skipwith.com, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• date and time of access,
• name and URL of the retrieved file,
• website from which access is made (referrer URL),
• the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
• ensuring a seamless connection of the website,
• ensuring comfortable use of our website,
• evaluation of system security and stability as well as
• for other administrative purposes.
b) When subscribing to our newsletter
If you have expressly agreed to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide your first and last name and an e-mail address. You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send your unsubscription request at any time to email@example.com by e-mail.
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via two forms provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
3. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only forward your personal data to third parties, if:
• you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR,
• the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
• in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR, and
• this is legally permissible and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR.
5. ANALYTIC TOOLS
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimised. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/ intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter „Google“). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
• browser type/version,
• the operating system used,
• referrer URL (the previously visited page),
• host name of the accessing computer (IP adress),
• time of the server request,
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record and evaluate the use of our website for the purpose of optimising it for you. Google Adwords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer, if you have accessed our website via a Google ad. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page.
We use the open source software Matomo to analyze and statistically evaluate the use of the website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie about website usage is transmitted to our servers and combined in pseudonymous user profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to enable a demand-oriented design of our website. The information is not passed on to third parties. Under no circumstances will the IP address be linked to other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). Your visit to this website is currently recorded by Matomo Web Analysis. Click here (https://matamo.org/ docs/privacy/), so that your visit is no longer recorded.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA PLUG-INS
We use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) of the GDPR in order to make our company better known. The underlying advertising purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be guaranteed by the respective provider. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place in the way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors of our website in the best possible way.
Our website uses the “+1″ button of the social network Google Plus, which is operated by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). The button can be recognized by the sign “+1″ on a white or colored background.
If you are a Google Plus member and do not want Google to collect data about you via our website and link it to your membership data stored on Google, you must log out of Google Plus before visiting our website.
7. RIGHTS CONCERNED
You have the right:
• to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
• in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
• to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
• in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
• in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
• to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
8. RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this, which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. DATA SECURITY
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.